Lame Duck Session Likely After November Elections - Washington Times - July 12, 2006
Excerpts: The Bush administration is pressing Congress to pass at least three trade deals this year... House lawmakers are expected to vote on a free-trade agreement with Oman as soon as next week.... "We're going to get as much as we can get done in July. What we don't get done in July we're going to try and get done in September. What we don't get done in September we're going to get done in a lame duck [session]," said a U.S. trade official, who asked not to be named.
Immigration & Integration (by Christopher S. Bentley) - The New American - July 24, 2006
Europe got sucked into a "free trade" proposal that is morphing into a regional government. The United States is being pushed through the same process.
U.S.-Oman Free Trade Agreement Expected on House Floor Next Week - The Hill - July 11, 2006
Excerpt: On the trade front this year, a free-trade bill with Oman is expected on the [House] floor next week, a Republican leadership aide said.... (Click here to send a letter to your representative in opposition to the U.S.-Oman FTA.)
Passage of an Immigration Bill Before November Elections Increasingly Unlikely - St Petersburg Times (via azcentral.com) - July 6, 2006
Excerpts: By now, congressional negotiators expected to be busily hashing out the minute details of a historic immigration plan.... Instead, the two chambers began dueling hearings this week, setting off two months of political and ideological clashes leading up to November's midterm elections.... The hearings, rare for this late in the process, will delay negotiations until at least the fall and cast doubt about whether any immigration plan can pass this year.
Defeat the U.S.-Oman Free Trade Agreement - JBS.org - June 30, 2006
Help Preserve Jobs and National Security & Independence:
Defeat the U.S.-Oman Free Trade Agreement!
Birch Society Broke Story About North American Union in 2005 - The New American Online - June 24, 2006
In light of numerous recent articles on conservative websites about President Bush's ongoing creation of a "North American Union" without congressional approval, it is interesting to know that the John Birch Society broke this story with an in-depth article (Abolishing the USA?) in the October 3, 2005 issue of its newsmagazine The New American.
Key votes on border security and guest-worker/amnesty - The New American - June 26, 2006
This index shows how every current member of the U.S. House of Representatives and Senate voted on the 1986 amnesty law, and on the border security and guest-worker/amnesty legislation now before Congress.
URGENT!! Senate Passes Amnesty & Guest Worker Bill -- Now the Real Battle for Border Security and Immigration Sanity Begins. - The New American Online - May 26, 2006
How Did Your Senators Vote on this outrageous amnesty/guest worker bill (S. 2611)? See the vote scorecard by clicking on the headline above and scrolling down.
Click here to learn what YOU can do to stop Sen. Ted Kennedy’s destructive bill (S. 2611) and support border/immigration enforcement through H.R. 4437 (To see how your rep voted on H.R. 4437, see the vote scorecard by clicking on the headline above and scrolling down.).
"Help Solve the Illegal Immigration Crisis!" Action Page - The New American - July 7, 2006
Join in a national petition drive to secure our borders, stop illegal immigration, and nix any amnesty bills.
- In light of the upcoming negotiation in a House-Senate Conference Committee to reconcile S. 2611 and H.R. 4437, click here to send an online message to your representative and senators: (1) to VOTE AGAINST any immigration bill with guest worker and amnesty provisions, such as S. 2611; and (2) to VOTE FOR any immigration bill that includes the tough border security and stricter enforcement provisions against illegal immigration of H.R. 4437, but excludes any guest worker or amnesty provisions.
- Click here for an Online Petition to Congress opposing guest worker amnesty and illegal immigration.
- Click here for a Downloadable Petition that you can print yourself and use to gather the signatures of your family, friends, associates and neighbors.
- Click here for our new Immigration Flyer, providing a brief snapshot of the JBS stand on Illegal Immigration and “Guest Worker” Amnesty. It’s a handy “cheat sheet” for your conversations with potential petition signers, and an easy-to-copy ‘leave-behind’ when someone does sign the JBS Illegal Immigration petition.
- Phone or fax your senators and representative immediately in opposition to any guest worker or amnesty programs. (Click here to find the phone and fax numbers for individual senators and representatives.)
- Click here for Recommended Actions, Resources, and News Updates about the subject of Illegal Immigration and what you can do to help.
Illegal Immigration - The New American - May 1, 2006
Immigration protests are spreading across America. What is the motive? What is the agenda?
Shamnesty: Hijacking Reform - The New American - May 1, 2006
Though politicians are now paying lip service to "border security" and immigration reform, both major parties are pushing legislation that would only make things worse.
Myth vs. Fact - The New American - May 1, 2006
Politicians and pundits are defending illegal immigration with worn-out myths that can easily be proven wrong.
United States of North America - The New American - May 1, 2006
Elitists in the United States, Mexico, and Canada are plotting to merge these three nations into a single regional government similar to the European Union.
More Details on the Bush Administration's "North American Union" Initiative - humaneventsonline.com - July 11, 2006
Excerpt: With virtually no mention in the mainstream media, Commerce Secretary Carlos M. Gutierrez convened on June 15, the first meeting of the North American Competitiveness Council (NACC), an apparently extra-constitutional advisory group organized by the Department of Commerce (DOC) under the auspices of the Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP). (See also "Abolishing the USA?")
The Emerging "North American Union" -- Biggest Story of the 21st Century? - wnd.com - July 9, 2006
Excerpt: Are secret meetings being held between the corporate and political elites of the U.S., Mexico and Canada to push North America into a European Union-style merger? (Click here to read "Birch Society Broke Story About North American Union in 2005.")